Thursday, January 26, 2012

Creating Painting Like Effect using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3

Used the photoshop tools for creating painting like effect but nothing is as easy as compared to using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 tool sliders to create a mesmerizing effect of a painting...

So here goes the tutorial.

1) Select the photo which you want to import.


After Importing the photo, switch to the Develop mode on the top right panel.

2) What I did here is recovered all the lost image data due to the brightness coming on the lens of the camera.
Recovery = 100


3) Then I switched to Contrast Slider and increased the contrast so that I can view considerable difference between the colours.
Contrast: 75 - 90


4) Then I came to my Vibrance slider and increased that slider to about 50 - 70.
Vibrance = 59


5) Then slide down to the Details panel


Open the details panel by clicking on the small triangle on the right of it.

6) Then I reduced the Details in the photograph that were present due to good quality of lens and camera.
Detail = 10 - 15


Here is your final result.


You can play around with the sliders and get some effects in tandom.

I have a second illustration which really turned out much better than expected.









2 comments: